Closeup of a Fence Constructed of Tire Rims in New Ulm Minnesota. The Town Is a County Seat Trading Center of 13,000 in a Farming Area of South Central Minnesota. It Was Founded in 1854 by a German Immigrant Land Company That Encouraged Its Kinsmen to Emigrate From Europe. Population Stabilized at 8 to 9,000 During the First Half of the Century, Then Grew Slowly as Manufacturing Firms Arrived. The Town’s Business District Was Revitalized During the Late 1960’s.
U.S. National Archives’ Local Identifier: 412-DA-15807
Photographer: Dagys, Paul, 1947-
New Ulm (Brown county, Minnesota, United States) inhabited place
Environmental Protection Agency
Persistent URL: http://arcweb.archives.gov/arc/action/ExternalIdSearch?id=558257
Repository: Still Picture Records Section, Special Media Archives Services Division (NWCS-S), National Archives at College Park, 8601 Adelphi Road, College Park, MD, 20740-6001.